With my coaching clients, a number of them come to get motivated towards their goals. They do want to achieve their dream, but sometimes they get stuck.
It’s hard to stay excited on a daily basis. With these clients, I become their accountability coach. We set goals and develop an action plan with timelines and success indicators. So here are the top ten ideas to inspire you.
1. Set daily goals. If your goal is to increase your business, decide how many clients or customers you need to contact in the day. Or if you need to write 10 pages a day, don’t push away from your desk until you’ve reached that objective.
2. Tackle the hard stuff first. Although it is easier to organize your desk, or read the newspaper, get the toughest task out of the way first thing in the morning. It maybe a delicate conversation with a writer, or producer, but doing it first thing sets your day on its course. It will inspire you for the rest of the day.
3.Decide the best times of the day to work. We all have different rhythms and productive times. Be clear on when your peak times are. For those other times, do minor tasks or take a walk or go to the gym something to re-charge your batteries.
4. Set a deadline for yourself to stay on track for a project and keep to it.
5. Reward yourself for your accomplishments. Make sure that you give yourself a treat when you’ve reached a deadline, or had a tough conversation or made contact with a valuable lead for your business.
6. Make public commitments. Tell your friends what you are going to do and ask them to hold you accountable. That’s what I do for my clients. You are much more likely to do something if you’ve told people, or else they’ll be bugging you about it all the time. Most uncomfortable.
7. Create blocks of silent times. Those are the periods where you don’t answer the phone, respond to e-mails or check your Facebook page. Just keep your head down and concentrate.
8. Forget multi-tasking – just do one thing at a time. Finish what you start, rather than switching between projects.
9. Don’t go to any meeting that doesn’t have clear agenda. Meetings can take a lot of time, so make sure you know what the outcome will be.
10. Visualize your dream. See yourself holding your published book in your hands, or accepting the award for your film or winning a major client.